Friday 5 October 2012

Phonica Research

People shop at Phonica for a personal, unique shopping experience that can't be achieved in high street chains. Phonica website has a distinctive style and I feel that the packaging I develop should reflect this and recreate some sense of the in store experience. In order to inject the 'Phonica look' in to my packaging I have been looking at the logo and colour scheme of the Phonica website.The Phonica logo is catchy, I like the small lines and dots underneath the letters, I will try out some patterns and designs using these shapes. There is a distinctive grey scale theme with everything that is not actual record artwork on the website, this really makes the artwork stand out and creates continuity throughout. I plan to experiment with this colour scheme, I want the parcel that arrives to be instantly recognisable as a 'Phonica' parcel.
My next task is to look at the products I will be designing packaging for. Phonica offer a wide range of products for sale aside from music, the range includes:  

VINYL
RECORD SLEEVES
HEADPHONES
T-SHIRTS
SPEAKERS
MAGAZINES/BOOKS
RECORD BAGS
CD'S
POSTERS

The product range is extensive so I have decided to concentrate on just a couple of these products for my designs to create a feel for what the full range would look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment