Friday 12 October 2012

Phonica competitor research

I have looked at other independent record stores that also offer online shopping, I came across Rough Trade East which has been around nearly as long as Phonica and is also hugely successful. Sister Ray and Sounds of the Universe.
Rough Trade East has a similar feel to Phonica, they offer online shopping and host events instore, online shopping is more competetive than highstreet as location does not play a factor, customers could be swayed by packaging or the look of a website.

I can't find a website for Sister Ray so I don't think they will be an online competitor for Phonica but, they do take part in events such as record store day and are a hugely successful independent store.

Sounds of the universe also has a website and offers online shopping.
The websites for the stores are all well presented and the products are clearly visible making shopping easy, I want my packaging to help create a brand loyalty to Phonica, of all the stores I think that Phonica has a slightly more edgy feel, I aim to reflect this in my design.

No comments:

Post a Comment