Tuesday 9 October 2012

Phonica Records Packaging

The brief is to design mail order packaging for Phonica Records that gives the customer a taste of the instore buying experience...

I started research for thiis brief by looking at Phonica records website and store, to help get a feel for the look and colours used I created some moodboards in my sketchbook, from these moodboards, a black, white and grey colour scheme emerged. The Phonica website is designed using greyscale, this helps the album artwork stand out from the screen when viewing the website.

This colour scheme inspired me to try out some patterns and designs using mixed media, I used charcoal, graphite, marker pens, fine liners, oil paints and ink to try out mark making, I wanted to create a hand rendered look as in my research of the store many of the signs and labels had been created by hand using marker pens.





No comments:

Post a Comment