Wednesday 9 May 2012

Work based learning

Over the past couple of weeks i have been researching ideas for the work based learning module. I have decided to set my own brief for this module, I have wanted to create a magazine spread for a while so I am taking the opportunity to incorporate this in to my brief. I am going to design two double page spreads and a front cover for a  house/property magazine. As part of this I will be designing fabric to feature in the spreads and typography to feature in the headings. I feel that this will give me the chance to combine the skills I have learned during my first year while experimenting with a new area of design. I have started work by researching magazines with a similar feel, Homes and Gardens, Living etc, Ideal Homes, Living North, this has given me an insight in to the current trends, (editorial and design) I have also been looking at repeat pattern tutorials as preparation for my fabric design.
As this is a work based learning brief, the aim is to reflect industry as closely as possible, therefore I will have to submit a proposal outlining the deliverables and costs etc, I am going to research these areas in more depth so that my proposal is accurate and realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment