Wednesday 30 January 2013

Portfolio Module

I have officially started work on my portfolio module. Task 1 was research in to what makes a good portfolio and examples of portfolios I like. I produced a presentation based on this research. 

I have evaluated my strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in relation to this module...

I am confident in my Indesign skills based on work in previous editorial briefs and for development layout. Existing software knowledge is also a strength and this was enhanced during the recent digital skills module. I have also started attending web design night classes, this could be beneficial in creating an online portfolio. Another strength is the existing work I have already produced, there are a few pieces that I am confident reflect my style and skills in my preferred areas... editorial and branding.

Weaknesses for this module would include areas that I have not covered or that I am not confident in the final outcome. This includes packaging, illustrations and branding. I need to decide what areas I would like my portfolio to include and develop some work to show these skills.

The weaknesses I have defined form the basis for my opportunities. The main opportunity for this module is the development of my creative portfolio. 
For this module I can work on a live brief that will showcase my chosen skills area.
This is also an opportunity to show the level of work I can produce in a broader skill set including photography and web design.

The main threats to the module, as always, are the time constraints. I have a heavy workload at the moment with two other modules running along side as well as some work for external clients. Time planning will be key in making sure I meet all of my deadlines with the best work I can achieve...

No comments:

Post a Comment