Monday 12 November 2012

New brief SWOT analysis

Strengths:

I enjoy editorial design, learning new techniques, and looking at magazine trends.
I have inDesign knowledge from previous briefs with layout, pages and columns etc. I am confident with a lot of the basic principles of inDesign.


Weaknesses:

There is a lot to learn with regards to rules of editorial design, I don't yet feel fully confident with tracking and kerning etc.
I have very little industry knowledge.
I feel that on previous briefs my research has been too computer based.


Opportunities:

This brief will give me the chance to create an industry specific piece for my portfolio.
This is an opportunity to improve my inDesign technical skills in areas that I am not yet confident in and to learn new skills, rules and techniques.
I would like to get back to basics and look at non computer based editorial design and the basic disciplines.
I need to continue to improve my time management, I am going to introduce a daily task time plan.


Threats:

Time, external factors and other commitments.
Organisation, leaving things too late and not sticking to my time plan.
Procrastination!

No comments:

Post a Comment